Friday, December 10, 2010

Paris VS Marseille

No one can miss the big difference between Marseille and Paris. Marseille is more like Alexandria with smaller streets and less people but Paris is more like Cairo with bigger streets and more people. But of course Paris is way cleaner and has far less people than Cairo. 

There are lots of places to visit in Paris and therefor much more tourists than Marseille, they are just everywhere in Paris from all over the world. Maybe that's why it's easier to speak in English. People seem more okay with the idea of speaking in English than Marseille. 

People in Paris are much more stylish than Marseille. Even in the subway when it's very crowded you find people running to catch it in a very stylish way. I know that this is normal in the city of fashion :) 

Despite the fact that people seem more friendly in Paris I think they are not as tolerant as in Marseille. Some people in the subway didn't seem okay with my veil I guess. Some were even staring all the way which was not a very nice thing. Nothing similar to this happened to me in Marseille. I even tried to ask a lady about directions in the subway and she refused to speak to me !!!! and kept saying angry words in Italian !!!

Another lady thought that I was a beggar just because I was holding my camera and tried to ask her to take a photo for me. It really amazes me when some people react in such way. It's just so ignorant !!!

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment