Sunday, November 14, 2010

1st Day in Marseille

I met Renaud in the first day for me in Marseille after a good night sleep. Renaud Vercey is a multimedia director that I've worked with before back in Alexandria and made "Futureya" an interactive DVD. Also I worked with Renaud in Cairo in SEE last May. Anyway we walked in the city and passed by the very famous stairs of the train station.

Saint Charles train station's stairs

We walked to the Opera to meet Mohamed Youssef; another Egyptian artist who was having a 2 months residency here in Marseille. Renaud left us and we both took the bus to go to Luminy University to test Mohamed's new artistic project "Les Particules" that he had been working on during his residency.

Luminy University Campus

Mohamed's project as far as I understood is about making an interactive 3D avatar for each one in the audience. It's still in progress and he was going to meet a professional dancer to try the infra red sensors in a lab in the university. Mohamed wanted to test the sensors during movement in dancing in this phase of the project. I was even lucky enough to try it myself.

Me and my avatar while trying Mohamed Youssef's project

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment