Sunday, November 21, 2010

Arafat Day

This is the first time for me to spend the eid or the feast outside Egypt. The day just before the feast is called "Arafat Day" or the Day of Arafa. Some people fast in it so they don't eat or drink anything from dawn to sunset. Mohamed Youssef and Karim Shaaban were fasting so we decided to eat all together in the villa. We preferred to cook something instead of eating in a restaurant to have the Egyptian mood of the day. Basically Mohamed did all the cooking and Karim and I just tried to help him. I'm really a very bad cook.. I don't even know the basics  :)

Mohamed Youssef's cooking

Karim tried to make some French fries but they really turned out so bad that we had to throw them at the end. I guess he should have put them in some salty water before cooking them.

Karim trying to make the French fries

Karim's French fries

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment