Friday, November 12, 2010

It's been ALREADY 10 days

I made this blog before even leaving Egypt. I was planning on writing in it everyday like sort of a daily diary but each time I'd tell myself that I was really tired and that maybe I should start writing the day after until I've realized today that it's been already 10 days since I first came here to Marseille in France and that I'd better get started :)

I came to Marseille; the French Mediterranean city on the 2nd of November for a 1-month artist residency during the whole month as a part of "The J.M Liverato Project". It's a cultural exchange program between ZINC/ECM in France and Studio Emad Eddin Foundation (SEE) in Egypt. I will leave Marseille on the 30th and then go to Paris to spend 4 more days to come back to Alexandria on the 4th of December which means I will be spending 32 days here in France :)

I'm here to discover the city which is very similar in many aspects to the city of Alexandria back in Egypt where I come from. I'm planning to make a documentary film about Marseille. I haven't decided a theme yet as i'm letting myself to discover the city first. Also I'm supposed to attend The 23rd Instants Video Festival which is taking place these days here in Marseille besides many other cultural and artistic events and workshops. On the 23rd of November there will be also a screening for my work and that of Karim Shaaban; an Egyptian artist and graphic designer in the same residency.

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment