Sunday, November 14, 2010

Marseille at night :)

I went in the second day to "Saint-Jean" citadel with Mohamed Youssef to see an exhibition that I can't remember its name. Then he showed me some of the city at night. I was really shocked to know that everything is closed at 7 p.m. even the public transportations. In Egypt we start going out at 7 p.m :) My dad told me about this as he used to live here long time ago but I didn't believe him. I told him that things must have changed but I guess he was right. 

Mohamed showed the Vieux Port or the old harbor which is considered one of the very famous touristic places. Then we walked all the way to where I'm staying passing by the La Canebière street and this very beautiful building Palais Longchamp. Mohamed also showed the market where I can buy my grocery and "halal" meat and chicken. I never really thought of this "halal" thing before as in Egypt all the meat and chicken are "halal". It's really hard to check every food u buy or you eat in a restaurant. That's why fish is the safest choice :)

Vieux Port with Notre-Dame de la Garde Church in the background

La Canebière Street

Palais Longchamp

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment