Sunday, November 14, 2010

l'Ecole d'Art d'Aix

On Friday the 5th of November I went to l'Ecole d'Art d'Aix in Aix-en-Provence with Cluadine, Renaud and Mohamed Youssef. They presented their work to the students in the college. 

l'Ecole d'Art d'Aix

This was my first time to go to college outside Egypt. It didn't differ that much. The students were making some noise as usual and the teacher asked them to clean their places just like in any typical Egyptian college. The only difference was that I felt I was in a fashion show :) You can easily feel that you are in a fine arts college even in the toilet.

In College's toilet

Since I don't speak French, Claudine asked the students if someone could volunteer to translate to me the session. A very nice and friendly Canadian girl volunteered to translate to me. I told her that I'd try to understand by myself as I've studied some French back in school long time ago. I thought it would be  better to ask her in the things I didn't understand instead of letting the poor girl translate every word. I was really surprised that I found myself understanding most of the things and I didn't need her help that much. I think my french is improving :)

The college is in Aix-en-Provence which is quite near to Marseille around 1 hour by car. It's a very nice place and it's somehow different than Marseille. It's much quieter and richer. I had lunch there which was a very delicious Norwegian salad with crab and salmon.

Aix-en-Provence

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment